We have just been informed of the very sad news of the death of our outgoing Joint President, Bob Elliott. A true gentleman, he was a great supporter of the school and took a keen interest in all aspects of school life during his two years in office. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him, and our sincere condolences go to his wife, Shirley, son Mark, and his family circle.
Archive Magazine and Photographs – An Appeal
The Archive Department of the school has an extensive collection of photographs which have been recorded in digital form and are available to members and friends of the school. The list includes, Rugby, Cricket, Hockey, Prefects, Principals, Chairs of the Board of Governors, Presidents of the FPA, OBA, OGA, Buildings and Furnishings, Famous Former Pupils, Drama and Music Productions and many other school activities. The earliest team photograph dates from 1878 (LAI Rugby).
However, there are significant gaps in our records, and we would appeal to members to have a look in their attics etc for any of the missing materials.
In particular we are interested in any pictures of the LHS Prefects Council, and the sports teams listed below.
St. Lurach’s or Victoria High School
1959 to 1975
1952 and 1953
1937 to 1940
1933 to 1935
1929, 1927, 1925
1919,1917 to 1911
- FC FPA 2020 AGM Chairman’s Report is available Click here
- FC FPA 2019 / 2020 Accounts is under Latest News
- FC FPA Membership is free to all members of the Foyle College OBA, High School OGA, past pupils of Londonderry High School, Foyle College pre and post amalgamation and Foyle and Londonderry College. There is a purely voluntary yearly subscription of £25, a Standing Order Mandate is available Click here
- Wednesday 11th November, Remembrance Service at School
- Friday 13th November Londonderry Dinner at the Bishop Gate Hotel. Please note the change in date from Friday 06th November. A decision point as to whether to run this event or not will be taken on Friday 02nd October. Currently COVID 19 restrictions limit the numbers to fifty
- Sunday 22nd November flying of the “Stars and Stripes” at half mast to commemorate the assassination of JFK and the School’s connection with the USN
- Date in December TBC, Christmas drinks in the Archives to officially open the Archives extension and to say goodbye to the Class of 2020
- Foyle College Memorabilia now sold through the Archives
- Completion of a Research Room extension in memory of Mr J E Bigger
- A permanent drama and music display in the coffee area
- Cabinet lighting and updated displays in the entrance hallway
- Cataloguing of all school photographs and further digitisation of team photographs
- Continuing digitisation of the School Record and Archives