Welcome to the RE Department at Foyle College
Religion can influence what people think, feel and believe, therefore it has an extremely important role within our society. Religious Studies offers students the opportunity to get a broad look at how religion and spirituality form the basis of our culture. Our department strives to make Religious Studies relevant to the society in which we live.
Aims of the Department
• To give students the opportunity to explore their own beliefs and values.
• To encourage students to see the relevance of the Bible in society today.
• To help students understand, respect and relate to others, particularly those whose denomination, faith and beliefs are different from their own.
• To promote understanding of the importance of moral and spiritual values and encourage the development of self respect and respect for others.
• To promote the spiritual aspect of students’ holistic development, helping them to consider questions about the ultimate meaning and purpose of life, issues of right and wrong and what it means to be human.