Module 1: Speaking (a pre-prepared 3-minute presentation, followed by general conversation with an external examiner)
Module 2: Listening, reading comprehension, translation into English and grammar manipulation exercises.
Module 3: A descriptive essay based on a literary text.
Module 1: Speaking: a 5 minute discussion on a societal theme and a general conversation lasting 10 minutes.
Module 2: Listening, reading comprehension and translation into French.
Module 3: An analytical essay based on a literary text.
Through studying GCSE and A Level French students:
- develop an understanding of written and spoken French in a variety of contexts;
- develop the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken French, using a variety of vocabulary, syntax and structures;
- develop knowledge of the language and language-learning skills;
- develop an awareness and understanding of French-speaking countries and communities;
- communicate with speakers of French; and
- acquire knowledge and skills that will help them progress to further study and/or employment.