Our current Year 12 group are assessed through Controlled Assessment Speaking and Writing, whereas reading and writing skills are assessed as a terminal examination in the May or June of Year 12.
The new GCSE in French is compartmentalised into 3 core area of study :
1. The Individual
2. Young People & The Environment
3. The World of Work
Over the next two years you will be assessed on a range of key skills :
• LISTENING (Answering in English & French)
• READING (Answering in English & French, Translation – French - English)
• SPEAKING (General conversation & role-plays)
• WRITING (Extended writing, i.e. answering questions, essays, & Translation – English - French)
The scheme of work will be the following :
• Family & Personal Relationships;
• Free-time & Hobbies;
• New Technologies & Media;
• Celebrations & Festivities;
• Where I live;
• Ideal holiday – reserving a hotel room.
• School life;
• Healthy Lifestyles – food, diet & exercise;
• Vices - smoking, drinking, drugs;
• Work & Future Plans;
• Social Problems - the Environment, ethics & equality.